Foodie Blog Roll 2

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fig Fun

This was my first time buying, eating or "cooking with" figs. I was surprised how much I liked them. I read somewhere that fresh figs taste like a cross between peaches and strawberries; yes please! So when I saw them at my grocery store, I had to try them. I don't think I had ever seen them before, or maybe I had just not paid attention, but they came in the same plastic containers that strawberries come in. For this particular recipe I used Brown Turkey figs. They are slightly chewy, a little sweet, and wonderfully delicious!

Figgy Peach Salad


Figgy Peach Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese 
2 handfuls of mixed greens or spinach
½ of a peach, cut into slices
3 figs, cut into quarters
¼ of an avocado, cut into slices
1 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese
Dressing of choice

Slice produce and place it on top of the greens. Top with goat cheese and dressing.

You can use any variety of fruits that you like. This would also be good with pecans or walnuts on it. Just use your imagination. :) Isn't it pretty?!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog! Such a cute name too! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I need to start making some of your stuff; it all looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...